Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at The Committee to Elect Christian Wise Smith (“we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy as you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- ADVERTISING AND ANALYTIC SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING FEATURES
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
There are several types of information that we collect. It can be either information that you directly provide to us through the Sites or events, or it can be automatically collected information. The following explain the differences between the two types of information we collect:
1) Information you provide to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information (although payment information is generally collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, the Georgia Campaign Finance Commission may require us to collect certain personal information from donors. For example, the Georgia Campaign Finance Commission requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to the Campaign exceed $100.00 per election cycle.
2) Automatically collected information.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Sites and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Sites (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Transactional Information. If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
- Device and location information. Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit the Sites. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about who and when you use the Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In order to provide services through the Sites and events, maintain security and privacy of the Sites and the information collected through the Sites, ensure a seamless user experience when accessing or using the Sites, and to comply with local election requirements, we use the information we collect or receive to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and provide technical support;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, comments, questions and requests; request feedback or support, and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Sites;
- Communicate with you about the campaign, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- To solicit volunteers, donations and support for the Campaign and for other candidates, issues and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if the State of Georgia’s election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Personalize the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Campaign and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. HOW WILL WE CONTACT YOU?
We will be contacting you by email, phone, and SMS text message. By signing up, and giving us you phone number, you agree to receive automated text messages and automated phone calls. You may receive between 1-10 text messages from us a month, but note that message frequency will vary based on user needs. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. By giving us your phone number, you agree to receive SMS automated text messages and automated phone calls.
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Campaign; With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you. The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties, except: (1) with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (and who will not use such information for their own purposes); (2) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or to comply with law enforcement or legal process; and (3) if the user consents to our sharing of such information.
5. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
The Committee to Elect Christian Wise Smith is based in the United States, and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside of the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
The Committee to Elect Christian Wise Smith takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly, directly or passively, collect data from children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly, directly or passively, solicit data from or market to children under 13 years of age. To respect the privacy of children and to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, children under the age of 13 should not provide any Personal Information on our Sites. We ask that parents supervise their children while online. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
10. ADVERTISING AND ANALYTIC SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
11. SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING FEATURES
Our Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
12. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Please be aware that we may provide links to third-party websites as a service to our visitors. We are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. Please note that the privacy policies from third-party websites may differ from ours. We encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information.
13. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
14. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on applicable federal laws and the laws of the State of Georgia, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
15. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org